The Department of Mathematics was established in the year 2005. It offers courses which lead to the B.Sc degree in Mathematics, Supporting Courses for students majoring in Computer Science and also Optional Courses for all majors. This course gives you the opportunity to explore mathematics in greater depth. This course is recommended if you really enjoy mathematics and intend to study the subjects in Higher Education, or to follow a course which makes substantial use of Mathematics.
- The objective of the department is:
- To provide strong mathematical background to students who have graduated in B.Sc. Mathematics and who wish to pursue further studies or career in Mathematics and related fields.
- To provide basic and advanced mathematical skills to students in the Arts and Science stream enabling self – reliance and excellence in capabilities.
- To enable students to play vital roles in the fields of Mathematics and Computer Science at local level and to remain globally competitive.
- To popularize and project in proper perspective the scope of Mathematics in all areas so as to attract young talents to take up teaching and research career in Mathematics Sciences.
- To develop in students logical thinking, analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- To widen their horizon of knowledge with a focus on research
- To equip them with s.